Thank you for visiting the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT), Rail Division online. In the following paragraphs. The NCDOT Rail Division's privacy policies are listed below.
II. INFORMATION COLLECTED AND STORED AUTOMATICALLY
The NCDOT Rail Division collects and stores information from web browsers to help make the site more useful to visitors, record the number of visitors to the site, and to learn about the types of technology our visitors use.
When you visit our website to browse, read pages, or download information, we automatically collect and store the following information:
1. The Internet domain and IP address from which you accessed our site;
2. The type of browser and operating system used
3. The date and time you accessed the site;
4. The pages you visited; and
5. If you linked to one of our mentioned sites from another web site, the address of that web site.
No other information is collected.
III. WEB SITE SECURITY
For web site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, our web server employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. These attempts to cause damage could be subject to immediate legal action.